Pedestrian-friendly and neighborhood-friendly mixed-use commercial project, combining 20,000 SF of retail and office uses on a 1.2-acre site. Constructed in 2003. Contemporary California architecture, incorporating 70-year-old Canary Island date palms. Includes restored 1926 Spanish Colonial church with cathedral ceilings and exposed truss work, adapted for office use.
Before launching the project, Moseley Company met with neighbors, community leaders and planning groups to learn what services the surrounding community wanted. The meetings brought out the pressing need for basic retail services, such as a neighborhood restaurant and a hair salon. There is a real sense of community among those who live in the area, and this project helped extend that sense of community to the commercial zone along Lincoln.
The project is 100% leased. Tenants include Five Acres (administrative offices), Perry’s Joint (sandwich and ice cream shop), Alta/Pasa Community Improvement Center
Architect: PBWS Architects
Designer: Anne Garbarine & Associates
Landscape Architect: Toyon Design
General Contractor: G. L. Kaplan Construction Co.
Lender: Citizens Business Bank